About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fruits basket

Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya

I was on a little shopping trip yesterday and found the start of this series, Fruits basket for a great price so I've added them to our collection. Here's an intro to the series.
Tohru Honda was an orphan living with her grandfather, when one day fate kicked her out of the house and she was forced to take up residence in a tent in the forest. Little did she know that the land she was staying on belonged to the Sohma family, a clan of beautiful and mysterious people. After stumbling upon the teenage squatter, the Sohma's invite Tohru to stay in their house in exchange for cooking and cleaning. Everything is going well, until she discovers the Sohma family's greatest secret: when hugged by members of the opposite sex, they each turn into their Chinese zodiac animals.
I know when I showed these to a couple kids yesterday, they practically begged me to let them take them home (even though the library is now closed.)

No comments: