About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Book People Unite

Hi,

This morning I'm off to meet other librarians and bookish people at The National Reading Summit (Gilbert Paterson is hosting via telecoference.) This conference is important because it's about developing strategies to keep readers reading and come up with new strategies to help non-readers discover reading. Not just in our schools, or in our community but across the whole country. Are there community functions that we should be a part of? Are there province wide initiatives that we could be involved with? And as a country do we inspire lifelong readers?

Lots to ponder.
Here's something I stumbled across this morning that I think relates.

No comments: