About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

No dribbling the squid

No Dribbling the Squid by Michael J. Rosen with Ben Kassoy

For those of you who enjoy the randomness of Guinness World Book of Records or Ripley's Believe It or Not,  this book may be for you. Consider it the wierd sports edition. This is a collection of unusual sports, games and competitions from around the world. Each featured sport is given a brief history, where it originates and a rough outline of the rules (plus a few photos.)

What I liked about this book is that you can flip to any page and learn about some zany sport. Some I'd love to see in action -- Speedball, Sepak Takraw, and Unicycle Basketball. Others I'd want to stay as far away as possible -- Egg throwing, Spitting contests and Outhouse racing.

No comments: