About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Do Not Open


Do Not Open : An encyclopedia of the world's best kept secrets by John Farndon
With a name like this who can resist the temptation to peek inside? I know I couldn't. And what was inside surprized and delighted me, answers to stuff I've always wondered about.
The book is divided into eight sections
The Unexplained, Unthinkable, Freaky Facts, Unknowable, Spine-chilling, Spooky, Strange Coincidences and Classified.
I loved finding out how they do magic tricks, conspiracy theories from around the globe and theories about mysterious places like the Bermuda Triangle and the Nazca Lines in Peru.
If your a reader who enjoys Guinness World Records or Ripley's Believe It or Not style of books then you'll probably enjoy DO NOT OPEN. This would definately make my top ten 2009 non-fiction list.
Read On.

No comments: