About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Copper
























Copper by Kazu Kibuishi

First off I have to say how much I admire the work of Kazu Kibuishi, the style and incredible workmanship of his drawings for Amulet, Flight and now Copper are outstanding.

Copper is a series of short 1 -4 page vinettes about an optimistic, hopeful boy - Copper and his best friend, sometimes fearful, not-so-optimistic dog Fred. The situations these two encounter are very much real life, but at the same time have a dreamy, other dimension feel to them. I love them, I love the idea of facing your fears with a sense of discovery rather than sense of dread.

i think my favourite - is The Waterfall on page 39.
I also appreciate Kibuishi's encouragement to young artists, and his efforts to explain the process he takes in making graphic novels and comic strips. If you'd like to see more of his work check out Amulet 1&2 at the library or visit his website and blog @ - http://www.boltcity.com/
Read On

No comments: