About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Should I let you in on a secret?


I don't know, this is a big undertaking. Trusting you with what could potentially harm you. I could get in a lot of trouble. Dare I tell you of such a mysterious, puzzling phenomena all contained between a set of hard covers?

Well, okay but just this one time.

The name of this book is secret by Pseudonymous Bosch. I read it early in the summer and have managed to keep it a secret so far, but people keep asking. Making it harder and harder for me to keep such a good book safely on the shelves of the library and not in the hands of readers.

Alas I cannot keep it under wraps any longer. I'm gonna spill. It is an alarming account of two extraordinary adventurers, a missing magician’s diary, a symphony of smells and a deadly secret…


For those of you who are fans of Lemony Snicket, mysteries, codes and hidden clues, you might want to give this a try - but beware, it could be detrimental to your health.


PS - don't forget to check out the website: http://www.thenameofthisbookissecret.com/ for more fun stuff.
Oh yeah, I'm currently reading If you're reading this, it's too late also by the same author (but don't tell anyone, I could get in big trouble- as this book was snuck out of the publishing house just for me.)


Read on

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Mrs. Fisch the updates are great and this blog is amazing.