About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Childhood favourite


Last year I surprized my sister with the book Ludo and the Star Horse by Mary Stewart. It was a favourite of both of ours growing up and we both wanted to see if it would stand the test of time and it does.


Ludo lives in a little mountain village in Bavaria. One bitter winter's night, Renti, the family's only horse, escapes from the stable and Ludo follows him to bring him back. Here begins a strange and breathtaking adventure. It is hard to see on the dark slopes, and Ludo and Renti find themselves falling into the House of the Archer- a gateway to the star country of the Zodiac. Together they must follow the Sun through the twelve houses of the Zodiac. In the twelfth and final house, their destinies await.

I always loved reading how Ludo and Renti escape through the clutches of the scorpion (my star sign).

Read on

No comments: