About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Quick pick


Last night as I was leaving the library, I thought I'd better grab a quick something. So after scanning the shelves, I picked up The Tuesday Cafe by Don Trembath. I had looked this one over before but for some reason other books made their way to the top of the stack. Once I got home, I started and by 7:00 p.m. I was finished. It was a good, quick pick and by that I mean, the action started right away, I felt involved with the character, and I wanted to know what would happen next. A quick pick is also usually a shorter novel - this one was 120 pages.


Here's the story line from the back cover - "It all started with a small fire in a garbage can. Unfortunately, the garbage can was in the hallway of Harper's school... Harper Winslow has some problems. His parents don't seem to understand what is going on in his life at all. He's not doing well at school. And a juvenile court judge has just ordered him to write a 2,000-word essay on how he's going to turn his life around. - Now his mother has enrolled him in a writing class called The Tuesday Cafe, but it's not quite what she expected."
Read on

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooow ms Fisch

Keep on readin and I will to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)