About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer Reading : Graphic novels

Amulet - book 5 : Prince of the Elves by Kazu Kibuishi

I was lucky enough to read this ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) via NetGalley, the release date isn't until September 1. I really like this series, the art work is fabulous and story of the stonekeepers has kept my interest for years now and although I'm not a huge sci-fi / fantasy kind of person I can relate to the characters and enjoy the depiction of this other world, with its flying ships, weird talking creatures and robots.

Here's the summary:
Emily has survived the chaos of the Guardian Academy, but Max Griffin, who is working for the Elf King, has escaped with the mother stone. The Elf King has now forged new amulets, which allow him the ability to invade Cielis and destroy it once and for all. Emily and her friends desperately make preparations to defend Cielis in what will be a brutal war, and they can only hope that it will be enough to defeat the Elf King.

I'm sure Scholastic will be putting together a book trailer and will include that at a date closer to the release or when I'm holding the copy for our library in my hands.

No comments: