About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Books to movies

Yesterday's blog posting generated some discussionn towards books we like to see be made into movies. Here are a few that I know will be released in 2012.
 Coming to a theatre near you...

This cautionary tale was first published in 1971. It was animated for television in  1972 and also made into a musical. This weekend it will be released as a movie. I wonder if we've gotten the message yet?
Here's the movie trailer.


Also coming out this year is, The Secret World of Arrietty which is based on the classic The Borrowers by Mary Norton.
Summary: There are two families living in an old house out in the country. The difference between these two families is that one lives above ground and the other family lives under the floor. This is the story of the family that lives under the floor, surviving off the scraps and misplaced items that the topside family don't seem to realize are missing.
Here's a look at the movie version.


Here are a few others that I know will be coming out this year. I'm not going to post the trailers for the rest of these today (maybe some other morning, when I have loads of time.)






Now here's the challenge for some of you - get busy reading these books before you go to the movies.

No comments: