About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A long, long sleep



A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan

I've started digging through the ARC (Advance Reader Copy) boxes and have been picking afew jems - or what I hope will be jems, out to be reading. I also realized that I had been reading a whole bunch of non-fiction titles or dystopian future books and that it was time to change some of that up. So this one got brought home with me and while it is a dystopian future book it is also kind of a retelling of  the sleeping beauty story. I wasn't disappointed, but I don't think it will make "can't wait to tell you guys about it" list either. It reminded me a lot of - Across the Universe by Beth Revis.

Summary from the publisher:
Rosalinda Fitzroy has been asleep for sixty-two years when she is woken by a kiss. Locked away in a chemically induced slumber of a stasis tube in a forgotten sub-basement, sixteen-year-old Rose slept straight through the DarkTimes that killed millions and utterly changed the world she knew. Now, her parents and her first love are long gone, and Rose - hailed upon her awakening as the long-lost heir to an interplantetary empire - is thrust alone into a future in which she is viewed as either a freak or a threat. Desparate to put the past behind her and adapt to her new world, Rose finds herself drawn to the boy who kissed her awake, hoping that he can help her to start fresh. But when a deadly danger jeapordizes her fragile new existence, Rose must face the ghosts of her past with open eyes  - or be left without any future at all.

No comments: