About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Epitaph Road

Epitaph Road by David Patneaude

Summary from the back cover:
A modern utopia where 97% of the men are dead.
Kellen Dent feels all alone. In 2097, he practically is. thirty year earlier, an airborne virus nearly caused man's extinction. Now women rule the world, and poverty, crime, war and hunger have all disappeared. With tight restriction on men's behaviour, fourteen-year-old Kellen fells like he has no say in his future. When a rumored outbreak of the virus threatens Kellen's outcast father, he knows that he must warn him of the coming danger, no matter what the consequences. During his desperate race to hind his dad, Kellen uncovers a secret so frightening that his life and the future of the world will never be the same.

I only got started this morning, so far the first 50 pages have gotten my attention.   

No comments: