About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Middle School the Worst Years of My Life


Middle School the Worst Years of My Life by James Patterson and Chris Tebbetts ; illustrations by Laura Park

I know many of you are dreading coming back to school -- who can blame you, the weather has finally cooperated, there's still a pile of stuff you want to do (or at least I still have stuff I want to do.) Anyways... like it or not you'll be finding your way back to the doors of G.S. Lakie next week, eager to see friends, learn who is in your class (and that is probably about it as far as anticipation goes - so I think many of you will be able to relate to the main character in this book - Rafe. Rafe isn't too keen on school, and his unique way of coping with things is the only thing that holds his interest or excitement. Overall I enjoyed this look at grade sixer Rafe, his family, classmates and teachers. I just hope that none of you attempt his crazy scheme.

Generously sprinkled with cartoon style illustrations keeps readers interest and the pace of the story flowing.
If you're all caught up in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, you might give this one a try.
Check out the website.
http://middleschoolbook.com/

Read On

No comments: