About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Monday, August 22, 2011

The girl who could fly


The Girl who Could Fly by Victoria Forester

From the back cover:
Piper McCloud lives with her normal ma an pa on a normal farm in normal Lowland County. But Piper isn't your normal girl. Ever since Piper was a baby, she's been able to hover a few feet off the ground, and if the people of Lowland County knew she could fly, they would have something to say about it. So, it only seems best that Piper be sent away to I.N.S.A.N.E., the top secret school for children with extraordinary abilities like hers. Her new friends have powers like telekinesis, X-ray vision, and the ability to create their own weather. Piper likes her new life at school, but soon, she realizes things aren`t as they seem. Now , the school she was sent to for her own protection might be the most dangerous place she`s ever been.

I started my training for a 24 hour reading challenge that I`m going to do later on this year, so on my first attempt, I gathered up a stack of books and got myself comfortable with a pillow, deck chair, sunglasses, water, coffee, snacks, etc. and started reading. This was the third book of the day - about seven hours into my training. I liked it okay but I think I was comparing it with Savy which I loved. So if you liked Savy by Ingrid Law this might be a good choice for you. Piper and her friends are longing to use their special powers to good use and the longer they spend at that school the rustier they seem to be getting - how can they turn things back around?
REad On.

No comments: