About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Technically, it's not my fault

Technically, It's Not My Fault by John Grandits This may be one of my favourite poetry books, it is definately my favourite concrete poetry book. I especially like, skateboard, the Thank You Letter with Footnotes, and What are you thinking about Robert? Here's the description: An eleven-year-old boy named Robert voices typical -- and not so typical -- middle grade concerns in this unique, memorable collection of hilarious poems. His musings cover the usual stuff, like pizza, homework, thank-you notes and his annoying older sister. In addition, he speculates about professional wrestling for animals, wonders why no one makes scratch and sniff fart stickers, designs the ultimate roller coaster (complete with poisonous spiders), and deconstructs a new word, snarpy. Love it. Makes poetry look fun and easy. Here's a link to his webpage http://www.johngrandits.com/books/technically.php READ ON

No comments: