About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Moon Over Manifest

Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool

This year's Newberry Medal Winner. I have mixed feelings about this award, some have been pretty spot on the perfect choice for kids and others complete duds (this is just my opinion ;-)
So this Easter holiday this is one of the books coming home with me.
Here's the summary.
Abilene Tucker feels abandoned. Her father has put her on a train, sending her off to live with an old friend for the summer while he works on a railway job. Armed only with a few possessions and her list of universals, Abilene jumps off the train at Manifest Kansas, aiming to learn about the boy her father once was.

No comments: