About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Monday, September 14, 2009

The Lightning Thief



The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

I know many of you have already read this book, but for some unknown reason it had not made it onto my bedside pile of books till now. And now I'm kicking myself that I hadn't read it sooner cause it was awesome!!

Percy Jackson our protagonist, starts out as an unlikely hero, he's the kid that can sit still in class, ADHD and dyslexia are code words when grownups talk about him. This and the fact that he has been kicked-out of just about every school he's ever set foot in make him seem like he's the kid that trouble just follows for some unknown reason. Once we learn that Percy is a half-blood (born of a mortal mother and a Greek God father) we see why Percy has been plagued with trouble. The Gods aren't too pleased with him. And worse than that Zeus's mast lightning bolt has been stolen and Percy is the prime suspect.

There is only one way Percy can clear his name - that's by finding out who really stole the lightning bolt , the trouble is he only has 10 days to do it. With him on his quest are Annabeth another half-blood and his best friend Grover (a satyr). There are plenty of monsters and Gods that will make this the hardest adventure of Percy life.

I thought this was a great action/adventure book, I wish it would have been around when I was a kid cause I was totally into Greek mythology. If your looking for your next fast-paced, exciting read this should definately be one of your choices.

Read On

No comments: