About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

39 clues The Black Circle


The Black Circle - Book 5 in the 39 clues series by Patrick Carmen
Well, it's been a little while since I've read any books in this series, so when I picked up this book for the library on Friday, I thought I'd just take it home with me for the weekend.
The story follows Amy and Dan Cahill as they continue their search for the 39 clues. This time the story has them travelling to Russia - minus their au pair Nellie- and having to work with one of the other teams that are also working to find the clues. I enjoy how interesting characters in world history make their way into the story and are related to the differing branches of the families that are searching for the clues. This time those characters are Rasputin and the Romanov family.
This series provides a quick, entertaining, read that has readers working out puzzles and guessing where the next clue will come from.
Read On

No comments: