About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Killer Pizza



Killer Pizza by Greg Taylor

This was one of my summer reads but I'm just remembering to blog about it now. This was a fun book that had me at times sitting at the edge of my seat and other times cracking up out loud.

Here's the summary: Pizza you'll die for. Toby McGill dreams of becoming a world-famous chef but up until now his only experience was watching the FoodNetwork. When Toby lands a summer job at Killer Pizza, where pies like The Monstrosity and The Frankensausage are on the menu, things seem perfect. His co-workers, Annabel and Strobe, are cool, and Toby loves being part of the team. But none of them are really prepared for what's really going on at Killer Pizza: It's a front for a monster-hunting organization! Learning to cook pizza is one thing , but killing hideous, terrifying monsters ? That's a whole other story. Still if Toby quits, will the monsters take over his town?

Much like the Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp - Toby kinda falls into the role of defender of good. There is plenty of action, crossbows, explosions, car chases, deadly talons and fangs, as well as a recipe for Killer Pizza - which makes this monster chasing adventure truely worthly in my opinion.

Read On

No comments: