About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Red Kayak

Red Kayak by Priscilla Cummings

I've known about this book for a couple of years, and finally I had time to read it and certainly wasn't disappointed.

Part mystery, part what would you do?, these are the themes at the heart of this book.

Brady and his friends aren't happy about the changes that are happening around their small town. Developers are coming in and building mansions for rich weekender families. Tragedy strikes the Di'Angelos family (who Brady occasionally babysits for) when their kayak overturns in the bay, and Brady's left wondering if what happened was more than an accident. As Brady uncovers more and more about what happened he has to start questioning what his role in the accident was and how he'll chose to deal with the outcomes.

To tell you much more would be a huge spoiler, so I'll leave it at that. Don't miss out on this one!

No comments: