About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Lawn boy by Gary Paulsen

Lawn Boy by Gary Paulsen

This is a perfect, short book for fans of Gary Paulsen. Maxing out at 88 pages, this is a story all about getting rich quick and who wouldn't like that. Recommended for 6th graders who dream of making money.

From the back cover:

One day I was twelve years old and broke. I set out to mow some lawns with Grandpa's old riding mower. One client was Arnold the stockbroker, who offered to teach me about: The beauty of capitalism, Supply and demand. Diversifying labor. Distributing the wealth. "It's groovy man," Arnold said.

The grass grew, and so did business. Arnold invested my money in many things. One of them was a prize-fighter. All of a sudden I was the sponsor of my very own fighter, Joey Pow. That's when my summer got really interesting.

No comments: