About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Maximun Ride Graphic Novel



Maximum Ride by James Patterson vol. 1

I love graphic novels, and I loved the original Maximum Ride, so I had high expectations for the graphic novel adaptation of the story, and well it totally held up. This book was brilliant! I read it one morning last week - that's another thing I love about graphic novels they're fast.

The art work was terrific, I liked how when Max or other members of her family are feeling young and vulnerable they are drawn in a kind of strawberry shortcake way.

Here's a summary of the story. Fourteen-year-old Maximum Ride better known as Max knows what it's like to soar above the world. She and the members of the 'flock' - Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman and Angel - are like ordinary kids, only they have wings and can fly! It may seem like a dream come true to some, but their lives can morph into a living nightmare at any time - like when Angel is kidnapped and taken back to the 'school' where she and the others were genetically engineered by sinister scientists. To rescue Angel, Max and the flock will have to brave the half-human half-wolf 'erasers'. Along the way Max discovers that her purpose is to save the world - but can she?

Favourite graphic novel of late.

Read On

No comments: