About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Summer reading

I've just returned from the PNLA conference in Post Falls, Idaho and decided to get on with what I told myself I was going to do all summer and that was to start this blog. So here goes, the conference was great, even though I think I might have been the only middle school librarian there. I still came away with lots of ideas and things to incorporate throughout the year (time being the key factor). I give myself a pat on the back for getting this far - creating a blog and reviewing my summer reads will be the starting place.



So today I finished The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart. It took me awhile to get into to this one, I don't know, it could be the fact that this was my road trip book and I had plenty of distractions along the way that prevented me from having some comfy chair steady reading or it could be that I didn't find the story to really get going till Frankie develops her first order of the Basset Hounds Halloween plan that then I was hooked and wanted to continue to see what kind of pranks Frankie had yet to pull. Once the ball got rolling, I loved the detail in which Frankie disguised herself as being one of the Loyal Order of Basset Hounds and the creative instructions to the club as to their next covert operation.



If you liked The Year of Secret Assignments you're sure to enjoy this one.



Read on!

Ms. Fisch

No comments: