About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Monstrumologist


The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey

I'm a big fan of Rick Yancey, but unfortunately I haven't had much time to read this one yet, maybe it will come home with me later in the year, but in the meantime. I think some of you will be interested.
Summary from back cover:

Monsters are real.
Will Henry is the orphan apprentice of a doctor with an unusual specialty: monstrumology, the study of monsters. When a midnight visitor brings them the body of a young girl entwined with the corpse of an Anthropophagus, it is the start of the most mysterious case of Will Henry's life.
Anthropophagi are headless monsters whose razor-sharp teeth are in their stomachs - and they are supposed to be extinct in this part of the world. Now Will and the monstrumologist are in a race against time to put a stop to the plague of monsters before they kill again.


Here's the book trailer.

No comments: