About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ghostopolis


Ghostopolis by Doug TenNapel
Wow! what a great surprise to open at the end of the day. I had loaned this out to a grade seven boy a couple of days ago and he recommended that I take it home and read it - well, I took it and 3 others home with me (for weekend reading) but this one was begging me to read it tonight. Again, wow! really great drawing, fun word play and humor, I liked the characters and the inhabitants of Ghostopolis and found myself caught up in the story.
Summary: Imagine Garth Hale's surprise when he is zapped to the spirit world by Frank Gallows, a washed-out ghost wrangler. Suddenly Garth finds that he has powers that the ghosts don't have, and he's stuck in a world run by an evil ruler of Ghostopolis, who would use Garth's newfound abilities to rule the ghostly kingdom. When Garth meets Cecil , his grandfather's ghost, the two search for a way to get Garth back home, and nearly lose hope until Frank Gallows shows up to fix his mistake.
Loved pages 1, 54 and 108.
Read On

No comments: