About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Airman


Airman by Eoin Colfer

This book just isn't flying off the shelves like I want it to, and sometimes a book just needs a little friendly help in promoting itself -- so I thought if I wrote up it's summary, introduced you to the author -via an interview and showed you a book trailer, it might spark your interest and make it really take flight, you know give it wings.

Summary: In the late nineteenth century, when Conor Broekhart discovers a conspiracy to over throw the king, he is branded a traitor, imprisoned and forced to mine for diamonds under brutal conditions while he plans a daring escape from Little Saltee prison by way of a flying machine that he must design, build and hardest of all. trust to carry him to safety.

The book trailer



the interview with the author, Eoin Colfer.

No comments: