About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Missing


Missing by Catherine MacPhail
Maxine's parents have had to do perhaps the worst thing possible: confirm the identity of her brother Derek's body by the clothes he was whereing went he disappeared. So the who was missing is now officially dead. But then the worst possible thing really happens: Maxine receives a telephone call from somebody saying he is her brother. She can hardly believe her ears. Has Derek come back from the dead? In this pacy triller, the author manages to confront many issues - how differenet people deal with grief, the very under-rated effect of severe bullying at school and sibling rivalry - all in a fast paced compelling narrative voice.
I thought comparable titles would be: My sister's keeper and Buried.

No comments: