About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fly Boy


Fly Boy by Eric Walters
This is the perfect weekend to be tucked away reading a few good books. This morning I finished Fly Boy, and I know this one is going to be a big hit. (in fact I'll probably need more copies than just one.)
It's 1943, and World War Two is raging across Europe and around the globe. Seventeen-year-old Robbie McWilliams can't wait to follow in his father's footsteps and enlist in the Royal Canadian Air Force - he wants to become a spitfire pilot and fight for his country. The only problem is that he's still too young to join. So with a little help from his best friend, Chip, Robbie devises a plan that will allow him to enlist early and keep it a secret from his mother, from his schoolmaster, and most important, from the authorities at the RCAF.
Loads of action, and well researched giving an accurate description of training, flying a Lancaster Bomber, and the personal struggles of War.

No comments: