About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Dull Boy


Dull Boy by Sarah Cross
Dull boy has it all, humor, friendship, family issues, a little romance, and super powers. What more could you ask for? Sarah Cross leaves readers completely satisfied even though its clear there will be a sequel.





More fun quotes from the book.
"I have a plan. It's not the most brilliant plan, but there's a seventy two percent chance it'll work. Just...one of us has to take the fall, and the other has to be a witness and back up everything that person says. Are you a good liar?"
"Darla? If lying was a sport I would letter in it, go to state, get a college scholarship, and be a first-round draft pick."
"you need a mentor. I mean come on: Obi-Wan, Gandalf?"
From the back cover-- Sometimes I wish I didn't care what would happen if anyone knew the truth about me. But I do care. I have to keep this- super strength, flying- a secret. No one can know- not my parents, not my friends... It's just that it's getting harder to hide it.
I just finished reading the advanced reader copy of this, fun action/superhero kind of stuff.

No comments: