About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Winter break reading



Wrecked by E.R. Frank

Dear anyone who cared about Cameron, I was the driver of the "other" car. The police and my mother and my father and plenty of people are saying that I didn't kill her. But I know I did. That's what her parents must believe. And my brother Jack. He always sees what's true. I want to tell him how sorry I am about the accident. I want to say a lot of things to him and everybody - like how Cameron was smart and beautiful and kind in a way that isn't all that common in high school. Like how much Jack loved her and how sometimes I can hear him crying through the wall at night. I want to say how bad everything can get. In one split second. Upside down and shattered. Just like that. Wrecked. --- from the back cover.

The novel gives an honest portrayal of the ups and downs that plague the main character Anna, as she tries to cope with the aftermath of the accident. Guilt, fear, friendship and the pain of learning to move on are at the heart of this book. If anything, I would have liked a stronger finish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the best books are:
Life as we knew it
The last dance
A season for goodbye
Mother help me live
Saying goodbye to Christina