About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Monday, November 3, 2008

The Juvie Three by Gordon Korman



The Juvie Three by Gordon Korman.
This was my quick fix for weekend reading, and here I thought i'd give you a look at the two current covers for the book. I think the one on the right does a better job of grabbing your attention and also does a better job of capturing the theme of the book.
When three young offenders are offered a second chance, a chance to live outside of prison, they of course say YES! Gecko has been sent to Juvie for driving the get-away car for his brother. Terence planned a robbery as part of a gang initation and was left holding the bag. Arjay fought back against a group of jock bullies and with one punch ended up killing one of them. So when Douglas Healey enters their lives and offers them a very alternative option to Juvie and jail they gladly accept before even thinking about the conditions that go along with it. The critical condition is that if one of them screws up, they all go back behind bars.
In true Korman fashion, there's a sense of humor along with a story that keeps you rooting for the characters and turning the pages.
Read on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi mrs fisch i whanted you to read
my fav book sunwing its ssssssooooooooooo exiting every page sooooooooooooo good