About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Beware the Ninja Weenies

Beware the Ninja Weenies : and other warped and creepy tales by David Lubar

I have been a fan of David Lubar's for years now, our library has the complete collection of his warped and creepy tales, and I think the make the best short story read-alouds. So, I was happy to take this book home and review it. I now have a list of a least 6 more that will make perfect read-alouds for the gang at Lakie.

I'm in touch with this description from the back cover: "These short-story collections really showcase [Lubar's] delightfully twisted imagination. For me, reading Attack of the Vampire Weenies was like watching a bunch of Twilight Zone episodes for kids.... There is no doubt about it - David Lubar is the Rod Serling of middle-grade fiction."

I was a late night watcher of the Twilight Zone and I think Lubar must have been too.


No comments: