About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

End of Days


End of Days: Night Runner II by Max Turner

Whoa!! I feel like I've just been riding the best and longest roller coaster ride all night long. This books rockets you from one event to the next, with crazy twists and turns along the way. Just when I thought I had things figured out, and thought I knew who the evil was - bam- they kill that character off, and I'd have to start figuring it out all over again. Even though it had been awhile since I had read the first book, I felt at ease with the characters right away. And this is one of those books where the action starts right away, so no worries there. I highly recommend this and Night Runner to anyone who needs their next thrill ride.

Summary:

Zach Thomson has spent the past year getting used to the idea that his best friend Charlie, and the lovely Luna are now vampires - just like him. As they all learn to cope with the changes this strange new state of affairs brings, a mysterious creature appears. Likened to the Beast of the Apocalypse, it begins to dismantle the network of support around Zach, who discovers he is more than just an orphaned vampire - he is the subject of an ancient prophecy that relates to the End of Days. As friends and enemies, old and new, throw his world into chaos, Zach is forced to re-examin what it means to be good at a time when it seems that only the strong and the ruthless can survive.

The end leaves me believing that we'll be seeing a third book in the future.
Thank you Max Turner for a creative guy option to a vampire book, and to keeping it Canadian.
Read On.

Here's an alternate cover that might be appearing on Amazon or in bookstores.

No comments: