About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Football Genius


Football Genius by Tim Green
A couple of interesting things - last night I was watching Monday night football, the Atlanta Falcons vs New Orleans Saints. Tim Green played football with the Atlanta Falcons and Football Genius puts you right on the sidelines of the Atlanta Falcons with the main character Troy White.
Troy White loves football, plays football but is frustrated by the fact that he spends most of his time on the bench, even though he has a crazy ability to see what the opposing team is about to do, just by the way they've positioned themselves on the field. Even crazier he has this special talent of predicting what's going to happen even while watching games on TV. So when his Mom takes a job with the Atlanta Falcons, Troy knows he's gotta do something to get the team out of their losing slump. But how do you get the attention of a bunch of superstar athletes? How do you get down onto the field and get them to listen and believe a twelve-year-old kid?
I really enjoyed this book, I know I'll never make it down onto the sidelines of an NFL game but this book let me join the pandemonium and gave me the feeling that I was part of the team.
Here's a clip of Tim Green talking about being an author.

Read On.

No comments: