About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Adrenalin Ride by Pam Withers

It's summer vacation for best friends Peter and Jake, and when they're invited to help develop a mountain bike trail west of the Canadian Rockies, they can' believe their luck. But as they start working hard in an isolated park, the boys sense that something's not right. Join the boys as they plunge into the mountain-biking descent of their lives. (from back cover).

"Adrenalin ride takes me back to my first adventures riding bikes on trails. It captures the energy and adrenalin generated when knobby tires are mixed with generous helpings of trees, rocks and dirt. Add intrigue, danger and suspense to the brew and you have an unbeatable read" Cam McRae, editor, North Shore Mountain Biking e-magazine.

I started this one this morning and finished it this afternoon.So obviously I liked it. I did find that it kind of got off to a slow start, but I felt the action picking up once they were out on the trails. Unfortunately I felt there wasn't enough difference between the characters Jake and Peter. I did however like the plot turns and felt it could be a good read for those into mountain biking. I liked how the guys worked/slaved all day building trails but still had energy and drive to rip-it-up or build jumps after a long day. Reminds me of guys I know, who with mountain biking or snowboarding after the lifts have closed for the day still are out there building jumps and climbing up to take hits off it. Sick! So this one is for those guys -way to go!

No comments: