About Me

I'm the school librarian at G.S. Lakie Middle School. As you can see - me, reading and comfy chairs go way back. I still enjoy Asterix and many other graphic novels. My main reason for blogging is for reviewing books for the students and anyone else that might be interested in YA literature.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Does this book make me look fat?



Does this book make me look fat? stories about loving and loathing your body edited by Marissa Walsh

Anyone who has every asked - how does this make me look? or do these jeans make me look fat? has a place reading this collection of 14 stories and essays.

The stories ranged in variety from too skinny, too fat, too busty, too flat. But the overall message was accepting ones self, inside and out. We live in a society that unfortunately is constantly judging us and how we look, and sometimes we need to encourage that inner voice that is saying "I am beautiful, in every single way" to be heard in a voice louder than a squeak, and books like this remind us to let it be heard.

So for one afternoon, sit back and read some stories that will make you feel okay about your size and shape. And certainly don't worry about the "F" word - fat!

No comments: